Here are 12 facts about me:
- I love nature. I am not held back by the Florida heat. Having been raised in Puerto Rico, where the sun is hot and the days are beautiful, I got used to being outdoors and enjoying the day. I like going on hikes, learning about the medicinal value of plants, gardening and camping with my family.
- I’ve been told many times that when people first meet me, their initial perception is that I am either stuck up or not interested in them. I am an introvert. INTJ to be exact. I am a thinker and always lost in the wanderings of my mind. I love meeting new people and making friends, but I am quiet and a bit shy at first. The good news is that these very same people, didn’t let my shyness or social awkwardness stop them from getting to know me. And I am so thankful. Had they not made the first step, I don’t know that I would’ve been brave enough to initiate conversation and develop these amazing friendships. They lovingly reached out and pleasantly discovered a very good friend in me. I am very sweet and caring and once I open my heart to you, you will be there for ever.
- Food is my love. Fish Ceviche is one of my favorite dishes- EVER. I remember eating octopus ceviche as a child in Puerto Rico and it is a treasured memory in my heart. I later found that most countries have some kind of version of this dish. Some use vinegar as the base sauce and others use lemon. If you don’t know about ceviche, I urge you to try it. It is delicious. You won’t regret it.
- I believe in Astrology. Determining my sun sign is tricky because on some horoscopes I am Cancer and on others, I am Leo. I have heard of “being born in the cusp of 2 signs” and that’s pretty much where I land. I am Cancer/Leo. Moon child/ Sun child. According to Astrology, this means that I am ruled by the moon and my emotions run deep. I am very affectionate and nurturing with those close to me and I hide away in my crabby protective shell when hurt. Creating a loving home for our family is very important to me and its a very common Cancerian trait. I also have some Leo traits, but I’m still learning about that side of me.
- I love to read and I love books! I have a good variety of books here at home. I think there is something special about holding a book in your hands and turning the pages. I still prefer it over my Kindle. The smell of an old book is just magical to me.
- Surgeries. I had my first surgery this year. Gallbladder removal. I started having gallbladder attacks during my last pregnancy and it was horrible. Have you experienced gallbladder attacks? They are so painful. I researched ways to heal this the natural route, but I was not successful. Don’t judge me 🙂
- I prefer natural waters over pools. Oceans, rivers, lakes, springs. Not a fan of chlorinated water.
- Sports. When I was a teenager, I used to boogie board and even won 2nd place in a surfing contest. Now that I’m a mom, I am terrified of being eaten by a shark lol… so I don’t get out there much. I also played volleyball up until I graduated from high school.
- I have a creative side. I like to write poems, paint, make crafts, dance and sing. I am learning about professional photography with my daughter; although, capturing special moments is something that I have always naturally done.
- I love animals. Currently we have 2 dogs, 6 chickens 2 hamsters and one mouse. We also love and care for the countless little critters and birds that come into our yard.
- I dream of living in the middle of a forest, with lots of animals, a beautiful garden and a tiny house next to a big river. With our many obligations and big family, it doesn’t seem do-able, but I can dream none-the-less.
- I would love to travel the world and try foods from every country. Andrew Simmern, if you ever need a show assistant, I’m in!
Well there they are! 12 fun facts about me. Do we have anything in common? Tell me some facts about you in the comments below. I would love to get to know you!